Andy Hadden

Andy Hadden: Taking Dardis to the next level

By | Someone you should know | No Comments

Andy Hadden may be new to Dardis Clothiers, but he has been a fan of the Dardis brand since long before he joined the company in October 2012. Andy is now tasked with growing Dardis Clothiers as a Territory Sales Manager and Classroom to Career Recruiter.

The majority of his time is spent on recruiting college and high school-age students that are in need of a challenging summer job that will jump off their resume post-graduation. The Classroom to Career program is poised to begin its second summer with interns, so read on to learn first-hand from Andy on why he is confident that Dardis is ready to take this program to the next level.

What do you look for when searching for a Dardis Clothiers student rep?
I try to think outside of the box when looking for Interns and student managers. First, I look for a person that wants to take the road less traveled, because they know that road will make them better in the end. Our company is in the business of building future leaders, and leaders know that to become a leader, you have to do something that will set you apart from everyone else.

Why is Dardis Clothiers committed to building the “Classroom to Career” program?
Year after year, surveys show that the ability to communicate effectively continues to be the number one shortfall for college graduates. Students graduate with technical or hard skills, but they lack the soft skills. Research shows that only 15 percent of one’s success in the workplace is determined by hard skills, while the remaining 85 percent of a person’s success depends on soft skills. Essentially, college graduates walk across the stage on graduation day with enough theory and course knowledge, but when they arrive on the job, they lack the desired communication skills, professional image and the ability to sell themselves and their ideas effectively.

Our program provides students with an opportunity to build skills, character and a powerful resume through the professional training they receive as well as the opportunity to run their own business. In today’s competitive marketplace, students need to be able to separate themselves from the pack with effective communication skills, as well as work experience. Our summer program provides both, and it gives employers the confidence they need when hiring our graduates.

What do you enjoy the most about your job?
It is always changing. Some days I am reaching out to find future student interns, and the next day I will be working with a customer to help him find just the right suit for his upcoming wedding.

What do you think sets Dardis Clothiers apart from other menswear stores?
Simple, we are not a store. We are an experience. We cater to our customers unlike any other menswear provider out there. We not only help you pick out the right outfit for a big speech but also help get the right wardrobe for that upcoming promotion you desire.

Do you have a favorite customer story/experience?
My favorite customer story was with a home inspector I hired in Iowa City. We were talking to him the day after the inspection, and at the end of the meeting, he told me that he needed a suit. Turns out that this hard-working home inspector by day is also on the board of directors for the Iowa American Legions by night! Goes to show that everyone needs a suit!

What would you say to someone who is interested in shopping with Dardis Clothiers for the first time?
Product, price, convenience. Our products are made from the best materials, from the best mills, priced below a retail store and sent right to your door, ultimately saving you time and money.

Contact Dardis today to learn more. Contact Us